Monday, April 10, 2006

Palm Weaving!

By popular demand, below is a picture of the palm weavings for this year. I like to try a different style every year, and this year I learned how to make fish. So that's why there are so many fish!

I also made some in the "leaf" pattern (or "push-pull"), several in the "spiral" pattern, one square cone (or "grape"), a couple of "folded aura" (which is the easiest kind to make -- even easier than the spiral!), and then I had some leftover "wire" pieces (the stiff and uncoperative ribs/spines and such, that you can see at the bottom of the picture) and could have made a "wire cross" out of them, but I didn't. But I could have!



2 comments:

Stamppy said...

*cough* I was going to say yesterday, that I hope you didn't make those fish I seen pictured on your palm links, but I see you got a whole table full of them now. Just in time for the last Friday of Lent fish-eating day.

What is the large black paper clip doing? He seems out of place with the palm weavings.

After the palms have dried and you take them off the pencils, will you have an updated photo showing how bouncy and curly the palms are?

You'll have to burn the uncoperative ribs/spiney pieces when you have your next grill out, cuz that's the only way to destroy blessed artifacts.

Green Floppy said...

Fish hater!!

Paper clip is holding a spiral together while it dries. I have an "after" picture that I need to post next.

I don't do any grilling myself, on account of I could easily catch fire with my furry hands, but I've given the leftovers to the Grill Man. Prolly half of them weren't blessed, but now they're all mixed together. hahahh